Search This Blog

Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 9th - May 23rd

It has been a long time since I did this.  Part of the reason is that my computer crashed and I had to rebuild it from the start.  That took about 4 solid days and it still isn't 100%.  I also have been avoiding updating this as it is getting harder and harder to write this... oh well.

After Reno, we traveled to Vegas but it took us 4 days as we only drove a few hours each day... it was exhausting!  Once we were in Vegas, Arda spent a week with her sister (Yvonne) and 2 friends (Dorri and Nel) while I stayed in Boulder City at a the Canyon Ridge RV Park.  It was a good thing I didn't have plans as it allowed me a chance to get my computer fixed.  I also took the time to clean-up my tack and one saddle... still one to go!  This took almost all day.


On the Monday (the 17th) I picked up the "Golden Girls" and took them to Lake Mead for lunch and a cruise.  It was a good break for them from the dark gambling halls.  After our cruise, we went back to the trailer where I fixed hamburgers, salad, and other stuff for dinner... actually I can't take all the credit as Arda did a lot of the work.  Here are a few pictures of Lake Mead.

We left Boulder City early (at least for us) on Thursday the 20th and headed to Cowboy Tom's in Chaska MN.  We drove about 500 miles each day.  The first night we stopped at Wally Mart in Rocking Springs, WY.  The 2nd night was spent in Merdo, SD at the Triple H Truck Stop.  We arrived at Cowboy's about 4:00 PM on the 22nd.

We are here for a week with Bob & Betty King so will update this in a week or so...

Take care and keep your loops open.

No comments:

Post a Comment